Are you a Full Stack Developer with a passion for building great experiences? Are you passionate about both Mobile and backend skills? Do you want to lead a team with the goal to establish best practices and take our user experience to the next level? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a big impact in a company with a global impact and a startup culture? Alexa Social organization was incubated with a vision to connect millions of customers through meaningful social experiences built around relationships and shared affinities. We are a nascent organization with the spirit of a start-up. We currently support features such as song and photo sharing. We are growing rapidly, and making strategic investments in multiple new social experiences.
Who you are: You are an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer with more than 3 years of experience shipping great user experiences. You are a creative, customer and details obsessed developer with a solid skills with background in either iOS and/or Android. In addition to being technically deep you have exceptional product ownership and the ability to own a project from inception through to deployment and operations. You spend most of your time using higher level language constructs because that is usually the fastest way to get things done, but you will get your hands dirty with OS API calls when you need to. You love working with a smart, talented team because you know that makes you better. You love solving complex problems with simple code.
What you will do here: You provide perspective and context for technology choices. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You will play an integral role in reshaping Alexa Social experience. You own paths from prototype to product. You are a technical leader for your team. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team. You will work closely with other teams throughout Amazon to design and architect solutions that will scale to hundreds of millions of customers. You will build great new features or improve our existing ones.
What you will get from us: A great team to work with and the chance to build first-of-their-kind features at a proven top tier company. You will get a startup like culture with the stability of an established industry leader. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue learning. You will build software that will materially improve people's lives.
Come join us now!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of industry experience in software development
• 3+ years of industry experience developing applications with C++, Java, or equivalent.
• 3+ years of industry experience deploying scalable software
• Have worked across multiple platforms to deliver software, including the service side and client side.
• Track record of delivering high quality software that customers love.
• Deep working experience with modern programming languages: C++, Objective C, Swift, Java
• Deep understanding of service side development.
• Understand the client side and service side interaction requirements
• Working knowledge of interposes communication protocols and techniques.
• Experience integrating with REST and RPC based web services
• Strong object oriented design and working knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
• Experience optimizing applications for performance in memory and CPU limited environments.
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .