Are you passionate about technology and want to develop your skills?
Do you like to create solutions to handle scalability and high-availability challenges?
Do you want to work in a global service that is spread across many data center in multiple countries?
Do you want to make history while having fun?
If you answered yes, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is looking for a talented professional like you.
EC2 is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier for developers. It is the core of many AWS services and it is growing fast to meet the increased customer demand across many countries.
Join an innovative and high performing team to develop and maintain the systems which makes EC2 platform highly reliable and available. As part of the EC2 Nitro Compute team, you will have direct impact launching new EC2 Nitro platforms with high reliability and continue to raise EC2 platform quality bar for existing platforms.
Amazon is an exciting work culture that rewards high performance. You'll experience opportunities to work with the world's best computer scientists on some of the most interesting problems. We have multiple positions available.
• Design, implement and deploy mission-critical systems that work at the scale of the EC2 fleet
• Develop algorithms that analyze and fleet conditions and platform health across different dimensions in EC2
• Develop systems that improve the customer experience on EC2
• Ensure the smooth and stable operation of the team's new and existent services
• Exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on customer needs.
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
We puts a high value on work-life balance. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one programming language such as Java, Python, Golang, C, C++ or C#
• Passion for building and operating high-scale and high-available systems.
• Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Expertise taking a leading role in building complex, distributed and enterprise scale software
• Knowledge of agile software development and iterative and incremental software delivery.
• Deep understanding of software engineering best practices for all development life cycle phases
• Experience in communicating with users and other technical teams to understand software features
• Excellent time management and follow-through, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Experience coaching junior software engineers
• Be able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy start-up like environment
• Excellent problem solving abilities
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from UI through to back-end systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/us.