The Team: We can't wait to show customers what's possible when Amazon and Whole Foods Market innovate together. This is just the beginning and we need exceptional people across all technology disciplines to build and unearth the full potential of this opportunity.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment. As a Software Development Engineer, you will help tackle a diverse landscape of technical challenges. We are an early-stage initiative, and you will need to play an active role in translating business requirements into concrete systems and prototyping concepts in partnership with other technology leaders within the team.
You will design, develop and deploy reliable distributed solutions that operate at Amazon scale. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Linux, and AWS services. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and will have the opportunity to redefine an industry while working with different teams across Amazon and Whole Foods Market. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many people.
Key Attributes and Responsibilities
• You are passionate about defining and creating brand new products and services that will radically improve customer experiences in key strategic areas
• You love to explore unknown territory and invent simple, beautiful solutions to complex business and usability problems, sometimes with no clear precedent in today's world
• You are highly collaborative, with a proven record of working closely with your team to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions
• You have great interpersonal communication skills. You're good at finding new and better ways of communicating and sharing your work, and are always fine-tuning your work for impact and transparency
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 6+ months of professional experience as a software developer
• Computer Science fundaments in object-oriented design, data strcutures, algorithms design, problem solving
• Knowledge of atleast one modern programming language, such as Java or C++
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.