Software Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Want to help shape how connected devices get to market faster? Join the new initiative Amazon Common Software (ACS) for Devices which launched Feb '2020 (https://developer.amazon.com/acs-devices). ACS is software that makes it faster to develop devices that are transforming the smart home and run Amazon services, like Alexa. Join us.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Fire OS team, you will be part of a team that owns critical Android framework components, services, tools, and application development frameworks - working on projects that push the boundaries of customer-device interaction.
You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer product experiences. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will participate in designing, prototyping, and building solutions to hard problems in the Android and Amazon ecosystem.
As part of your work, you will work closely with Amazon device software teams, product management teams, external partner developers, internal Amazon application developers, and Amazon service teams to drive development from the concept stage to the launch stage.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 6+ years of software development experience.
• 3+ years of experience in C++, or similar object oriented language
• Experience with developer tools, Integrated Development Environment (IDE) extensions preferably for VSCode
• Experience with Emulator, QEMU, hardware virtualization.
• Experience with Android SDK, build tools, NDK development
• Experience with webview, UI frameworks,
• Experience with Android/IOS app development & developer tools
• Strong computer science fundamentals.
• Ability to understand developer pain points & translate that to product requirements.
• Ability to adapt to changing tech stack.
• 7-10 years experience in architecture, design & development of production software.
• MS/Ph.D in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with Flutter framework & familiarity with Dart.
• Familiarity with yocto, embedded linux environment.
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
• Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening, and customer relationships
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top