At Amazon, the Last Mile Technology organization is responsible for envisioning and developing cutting edge initiatives in delivering packages to our customers as fast and as cost effectively as possible. We utilize multiple delivery methods, business models and delivery station processes to achieve these goals. In 2019, we delivered 3.5 billion packages worldwide and continue to operate at increasingly large scale.
The Dispatch Automation team automates the dispatch process at Last Mile delivery stations, coordinating multiple planning and execution systems, such as route creation, package containerization and route to driver assignment. In addition to orchestrating the entire process, we own several individual planning systems, including route to driver assignment and route departure planning. The team's innovation focus is on continuous dispatch, launching orchestration in Sub-Same-Day-Delivery stations and Amazon Robotics stations recently launched.
As an SDE on the Dispatch Automation team, you will utilize the latest AWS technologies to author automation tools and workflows, work with Senior and Principal Engineers to design fault-tolerant performant software, and partner with Research Scientists to develop new algorithms to optimize dispatch of parcels from Last Mile Delivery Stations.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Excellent knowledge of Java
• Experience establishing metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence.
• Experience with AWS technologies, including Lambda, DynamoDB, SDK, S3, Cloudwatch
• Experience in working with people from other job families (research science, product management)
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to develop all aspects of their engineering skill sets.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .