Software Development Engineer
- New York, NY
Are you obsessed with building world class shopping experiences that delight customers? Do you want to reinvent the shopping experience for fashion products such as shoes, glasses and jewelry while working with state-of-art technology? If so, come join us as Sr. Software Development Engineer to build an innovative consumer experience from the ground up.
We are looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer who loves solving hard problems to be a part of a highly self-motivated team in building up a new program and a delightful customer experience.
Our technical challenges involve a combination of back-end software engineering, user interface development, and applied science. As a software engineer on the team:
• You will build a customer facing product across the whole software development life cycle from ground-up in an entrepreneurial, start-up like environment
• You will design and build distributed systems, building front end applications and backend services that can scale to millions of requests, delivering an exceptional customer experience.
• You will build software that scales effortlessly, has low latency, is robust and extensible.
• You will work with cross-functional teams including UI/UX designers, machine learning scientists, product managers, and other software engineers.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including Object Oriented Design, data structures and algorithms
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience programming defensively and writing unit/integration/functional and regression tests.
• A demonstrated mindset of continuous improvement, applied to oneself and others.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers from ground up
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience with front-end development.
• Experience designing or evolving system architecture.
• Experience mentoring other engineers.
• Experience getting things done through collaboration with engineers on multiple teams.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top