Software Development Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
Are you passionate about creating both the best buying AND selling experience on the internet? Would you enjoy being able to tell your friends your team shipped code that made buying on Amazon easier and safer in your first few weeks? As a Software Development Engineer on the Customer Trust and Partner Services team you will be actively working on systems and features that accomplish this for buyers and sellers on Amazon.com everyday.
Who you are: You're a a technical leader with the prowess to deliver world-class software. You have great intuition - Amazon teams run like businesses giving you the ownership, allowing you as an engineer to be responsible for the technical solutions that deliver exceptional customer experience.
The Seller Advocacy team builds the tools and services that help Sellers navigate through and understand Amazon's expectations. We ensure that all well-intended Sellers feel that Amazon is on their side as a partner. We ensure a trustworthy experience and inhibit any trust-eroding experience related to Seller Account Health. We represent one of the three pillars of the broader Seller Account Health team: Transparency, Engagement, and Advocacy.
We will be delivering a wide range of automation and experiences using big data sets and distributed frameworks. You will develop innovative solutions for our Seller Trust experiences. You will develop high performance platforms to service the world's largest selection to millions to customers.
You will be an integral part of an exceptionally talented team. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. You will build services to handle millions of requests per day, while maintaining the response latency in milliseconds and meeting strict SLA requirements. As a SDE at Amazon, you will drive the technical direction of the team, working with many different technologies. You will design and code, troubleshoot and support.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years relevant experience
• Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language; or demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and tools quickly
• Object-oriented analysis and design skills
• Good problem solving and ability to develop optimal algorithms
• Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis
• Understanding of relational databases and basic SQL
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
• A Master's Degree in CS highly desirable.
• A strong bias toward building simple, sustainable, extensible code.
• The ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical customers in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical obstacles and solutions to complex challenges.
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices, refactoring existing code, and a strong desire to create quality solutions and designs.
• A deep understanding of distributed systems, multi-threaded programming and messaging technologies. (Do you know what SOA is and how to make it work? Can you write a service from the ground up without using any framework?)
• The leadership capacity to influence the technical direction of a new product while ensuring a team-oriented approach to delivery in an agile software development environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top