Software Development Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon Business is the B2B offering on Amazon, providing business customers with the pricing, selection and convenience of Amazon, with features and benefits designed for businesses of all sizes. Amazon Business Payments team is responsible for developing the Services and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers as well as Amazon's global co-brand and private label credit cards.
We are seeking talented software engineers who want to build new payment methods and experiences to support business customers to shop on Amazon. We want to drive business customers to have a flawless and delightful shopping experience for their business needs.
We build systems that process payments at high scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We innovate to improve business customer experience across the globe, with support for currency choice, credit and debit payments, disbursements and many new exciting and challenging ideas are in the works. Come challenge yourself in our team-oriented atmosphere, and watch yourself grow with one of the fastest growing areas of Amazon.
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed software applications.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Must be able to independently design code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
• Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release).
• Provide on-call production support for payment applications
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in at least one modern object oriented programming language such as Java
• Good understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
• Working knowledge of UNIX or Linux systems
• Very good interpersonal and communication skills
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Has experience in mentoring other software developers
• Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets
Back to top