Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Identity team builds, operates, and innovates the identity, authentication, and authorization stack for the AWS cloud. Our mission is to push the technical boundaries to enable AWS customers to run their business workloads confidently and securely. As part of this mission, we leverage customer obsession and technologies to help customers set appropriate access controls across all their AWS environments.
We are seeking a software developer engineer to be part of our team to build solutions on a global scale, own their systems end to end, and influence the direction of technology used by all AWS services around the world. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive mission critical projects, work with senior and principal engineers, and help mentor more junior team members.
As an SDE on our team you will:
• Create and collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of systems and services
• Work and grow with talented teams delivering impactful projects
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions while understanding system interdependencies and limitations
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 1+ years relevant work experience
• Demonstrated ability to independently take a project from idea to design to production deployment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and create / explain / defend technical designs
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top