You will get a chance to learn and utilize various technologies that power our applications, such as EMR, EC2, SWF, Sagemaker, Kinesis, and datasources from NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, traditional databases like MySQL/RDS/Aurora. On top of that you will get an opportunity to learn machine learning in partnership with our research scientists and apply ML to solve complex ambiguous problems. Can you imagine your career path with experiences you'll obtain in building highly scalable web services, big data, and machine learning?
You should be someone who wants to build massively scalable, robust software, and wants to see your software thrive in the face of traffic from huge cloud computing services. You will drive the team's direction and be encouraged to contribute towards our long-term vision and architecture.
The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience, as well as experience working on high availability production systems. Machine learning experience is plus: you will get opportunity to learn this as part of the role.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of commercial software development experience
• Object-oriented design patterns and languages like Java
• Building and operating mission critical cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
• Work in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
• Solve difficult and highly ambiguous software problems
• Interest and desire to learn new skills and innovate
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience building high volume and highly scalable web services.
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
• Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us