Interested to build the next generation Financial systems that can handle billions of dollars in transactions? Interested to build highly scalable next generation systems that could utilize Amazon Cloud?
Massive data volume + complex business rules in a highly distributed and service oriented architecture = a world class information collection and delivery challenge. Our challenge is to deliver the software systems which accurately capture, process, and report on the huge volume of financial transactions that are generated each day as millions of customers make purchases, as thousands of Vendors and Partners are paid, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, as commissions are calculated, and as taxes are collected in hundreds of jurisdictions worldwide.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable and scalable user facing applications that are accessed by thousands of external Vendors and internal Customers. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal customers, other dependent development teams in Amazon to develop new applications successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. In the space of workflow management tools, engineers in this team solve problems for the first time and have got opportunity to convert them to generic/re-usable components for use in broader engineering community. We look for engineers who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun. This candidate also plays active role in reviewing the technical designs from the team and in mentoring of other developers in the team.
You will have the opportunity to play a key role in building new software products and features from the ground up. Your work will allow you to utilize a melting pot of technologies, programming languages, and systems and require you to keep up with the ever-changing technological landscape. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development, with the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit Amazon worldwide. Finance Automation team is looking for a talented software development engineer who can tackle large complex projects.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• An interest in full-stack and mobile development
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team