Software Development Engineer
- Chicago, IL
Do you want to design, build and operate services that are used used by millions of customers every day? Are you passionate about architecting highly available and large-scale services?
If the answer is yes, then the Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) team wants to talk to you. ELB is a disruptive new service that offers customers incredibly scalable and robust load balancing technology.
Why you should join the Amazon ELB team?
• We are building and launching new services and features on a regular basis. Application load balancer(ALB), Network load balancer(NLB) and Privatelink are a few examples.
• We ship software frequently, get fast feedback from real customers around the globe, and see the results of our work come to fruition. The Amazon ELB service is deployed globally to over 20 regions today and is growing at an extremely rapid rate.
• There are real-world problems to solve that you won't find ready-made answers for. For example, how do you ensure customers can scale their application quickly to handle traffic spikes and then back down in a matter of minutes? How do you design a load balancing solution that allows customers to quickly and easily achieve the highest levels of fault tolerance using Amazon EC2?
• We are now designing and building the next generation of ELB services capable of handling terabytes of data per day and growing from there. This is a unique opportunity to help build large-scale systems from the ground up.
If this sounds great and you are up to the challenge, we'd love to hear from you. Amazon Web Services is changing the world, and this is a great opportunity to be a part of this exciting business.
For more information, visit the Amazon ELB detail page: http://aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 3+ years' experience building scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform in Java
• MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Distributed systems, networking design and implementation experience.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top