Software Development Engineer
- Austin, TX
Amazon Music is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join us in revolutionizing the digital music playback experience. You will work on Amazon's leading digital music products. We have a focus on quality, so we like modular, reusable designs, continuous integration, and automated test frameworks. We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset.
You are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don't shy away from hard work to reach your goals. You think a millisecond sounds like a really long time.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Strong background with modern C++ and a love of the language, its strengths, and quirks.
• Working experience using JNI, Objective-C, and Swift to deploy native experiences on mobile devices.
• Familiarity with audio/video codecs and protocols.
• Experience developing high-quality cross-platform code
• Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
• Firm understanding of software development principles
• Experienced in all stages of development, including design, development, testing, and deployment
• Analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and strong team ethic
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top