Software Development Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
Are you passionate about creating both the best buying AND selling experience on the internet? Would you enjoy being able to tell your friends your team shipped code that made buying on Amazon easier and safer in your first few weeks? As a Software Development Engineer on the Customer Trust and Partner Services team you will be actively working on systems and features that accomplish this for buyers and sellers on Amazon.com everyday.
Who you are: You are technically well versed with the prowess to deliver world-class software. You have great intuition - Amazon teams run like businesses giving you the ownership, allowing you as an engineer to be responsible for the technical solutions that deliver exceptional customer experience.
The Selling Partner Trust and Loyalty team is geared to protect Amazon customers (Buyers, Brand owners and Sellers) from bad actors, abuse and fraud. We realize that the future of Marketplace and Amazon is increasing trust across all facets of the buying and fulfillment experience. Our vision is to provide Buyers and Sellers with the most trusted experience, exempt from performance gaps, abuse and negative post-purchase experiences.
We will be delivering a wide range of automation and experiences using massive datasets and distributed frameworks. You will develop high performance applications and services to facilitate the world's largest selection to millions of customers. We will learn from existing data through machine learning and build targeted solutions that help Sellers improve their performance and maintain the excellent Customer Experience that meets our Marketplace bar.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language; or demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and tools quickly
• Object-oriented analysis and design skills
• Good problem solving and ability to develop optimal algorithms
• Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis
• Understanding of relational databases and basic SQL
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
• A Master's Degree in CS highly desirable.
• A strong bias toward building simple, sustainable, extensible code.
• The ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical customers in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical obstacles and solutions to complex challenges.
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices, refactoring existing code, and a strong desire to create quality solutions and designs.
• A deep understanding of distributed systems, multi-threaded programming and messaging technologies. (Do you know what SOA is and how to make it work? Can you write a service from the ground up without using any framework?)
• The leadership capacity to influence the technical direction of a new product while ensuring a team-oriented approach to delivery in an agile software development environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top