Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Come and be part of the AWS Supply Chain team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems are at heart of ensuring that we can provide our customers with the right computing services, in the right region, at the right time! The SCM team is responsible for building inventory and warehouse management systems that enable control of our global footprint for our hyper-growth cloud and automate the orchestration required to ensure physical and financial control of inventory. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud infrastructure business.
We are looking for experienced Software Development Engineers who are excited about building industry leading, next generation SCM systems on the AWS Cloud. These are Engineers whom are able to look at the big picture from both a business and a technical perspective. As a Software Development Engineer you will drive the requirement analysis, architecture, design and implementation of distributed systems, applications, and frameworks. You are a technical leader who excels in Agile environments where you build quickly, collect and analyze data, and rapidly iterate to create cutting-edge enterprise systems, from customer friendly UIs to mission critical backend workflow engine.
You will work in a fast-paced environment and deliver software in fast iterations towards an ideal solution. Your ability to work through ambiguity and develop scalable, and high-performance services is essential. You will have opportunities to influence and create software systems from the ground up and work directly with business stakeholders. In addition, successful candidates will be able to lead by example, balance development responsibilities while participating in cross-team efforts including architecture roadmaps and planning.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or alternatively 5+ years relevant industry software development experience
• Experience with open source technologies (Unix/Linux, Spring, or other)
• Industry experience building highly available, distributed services
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their abilities in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top