The AWS Networking organization is hiring, and we're looking for great Software Development Engineer (SDE) to join our Networking Outpost Team. Our team is a hybrid team with Network, Software and System Development Engineers working in tandem to build the right solutions to support the rapidly expanding AWS Outpost product. If you have an interest in building large-scale, high-performance, customer-centric products and think end-to-end, this may be the job you've been looking for. You'll work closely with other stakeholder teams making up the larger Outpost development group. This is an opportunity to join a team early in its evolution, where you can heavily influence the strategic and day to day decisions that shape how the team and our products mature.
Software Development Engineers in this team focus on developing scalable and operable software that allows us to automatically deploy, configure and operate the Outpost network. You'll create professional quality software by applying software engineering best practices, while being exposed to cutting edge technologies.
Our engineers require a strong coding skillset and a detailed knowledge of software development best practice. Depth in one or more of the following would be advantageous: systems engineering, Linux operating systems, security and/or networking.
Candidates should have experience working on and driving large projects with ambitious timelines and ideally using agile methodologies to manage their delivery. We expect engineers to work closely with peer and dependency teams within Networking and the larger AWS Outpost community, to deliver the right solutions for our customers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design , data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Python or Ruby
• Clear and professional communication skills
• Experience with developing in a Linux environment
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
• Experience in mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.