Software Development Engineer
- Berlin, Germany
As an organization, we believe in making a big difference in people's lives. We do so by building ground technology that enables innovation to solve complex challenges. We engineer pioneering virtualization software that serves as the foundation to driving innovation efficiently, and nimbly. We influence the different layers of the stack, while attentively listening to customer input.
EC2 Accelerated Nitro is the organization that drives the engineering parts of the EC2 Accelerated Computing business, and that crafts and releases the hypervisors that power the EC2 Nitro fleet. We build highly operable quiescent software that provides near bare metal performance to EC2 instances. We also integrate hardware accelerators (GPUs, FPGAs, etc.) into the EC2 instance families to support advanced workloads, such as machine learning, high performance computing, inference or graphics processing.
EC2 Accelerated Nitro is looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on the system software at the core of EC2, the AWS service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the . You will have the chance to make a significant impact on our systems, our business and, most importantly, our customers.
With solid software engineering knowledge, and interest to grow in the virtualization space, you will partner up with expert engineers of the field, and make a real difference in the world, building solutions to challenging problems that affect millions of people.
We are located in the beautiful city of Dresden, in Germany. You can check out our location here: https://youtu.be/NyJQL6keFBA
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience in programming using C or C++ languages
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Open to learning low level programming in the virtualization space
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar field.
• Master's degree in any of the related field.
• Basic understanding of performance critical areas of the Linux Kernel.
Back to top