Software Development Engineer
- Herndon, VA
AWS Lambda, at the heart of the Serverless movement, is a fast growing service that is becoming the default compute infrastructure for a wide range of applications
We are seeking a software development engineer interested in driving the evolution of Lambdas virtualization and containerization platforms. Lambda using AWS Firecracker runs millions of lightweight containers constantly shifting resources between them.
In this role you will help deliver Lambda on new architecture types, drive continued improvement of Lambda's security barrier and optimize the performance of the Lambda platform from the metal upwards. You will get the opportunity to use modern programing languages like Rust and cutting edge virtualization like Firecracker to push the limits of scale.
If you're excited about cloud computing, have a deep Linux kernel knowledge and are interested in building the largest of systems, then join us in making Lambda the most successful computing platform on the planet.
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field.
• 2+ years of relevant, engineering experience. Includes contributing to the architecture design, as well as operational excellence of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, GoLang or Rust.
• Experience with Unix or Linux Kernel.
• 3+ years experience developing and operating 24x7, mission critical, production services.
• 3+ years experience designing, building, or evolving distributed systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
Back to top