Amazon's Delivery Experience Team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who will focus on innovation and experimentation in expanding Amazon's available selection. This is your opportunity to make a big impact on the satisfaction of customers and sellers and the performance of our business, as we expand Amazon beyond what you think you can buy there.
• MILLIONS of customers will be impacted by your contributions: The changes we make directly impact the customer experience on every Amazon site. This is a great position for someone who likes backend and service-oriented architecture, and wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers
• We have new areas of growth this year, which means opportunities to work on new and challenging problems
• Our operations load is minimum, giving the team the ability to spend more time on coding, and focus on innovation and enhancements to our services and customer experience
• Developing and maintaining key features of our systems and services
• Working with team members on design approaches and prototyping new technology
• Working on product improvements, with focus on customer experience and scalability
• Dive deep into complex technical problems
• Raising the bar for operational excellence and development practices
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
• Good understanding of system architecture and design, and experience with large distributed systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Enthusiasm, creativity, and inventiveness: You will be asked to find new ways to solve challenging problems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.