Software Development Engineer II: EC2 Enterprise
Have you ever wanted to know how Amazon EC2 works? Do you want to help build the next generation of web-scale infrastructure services that enables companies of all sizes to run on EC2?
AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Enterprise SAP team is looking for passionate, talented, and inventive software engineers to join a brand new initiative aimed at making EC2 the best place to run Enterprise workloads. One of our existing service offerings called AWS Launch Wizard is a platform which offers a guided way of sizing, configuring, and deploying AWS resources for SAP systems, without the need to manually identify and provision the associated AWS resources. But we're not stopping here! This new initiative will radically simplify the creation of additional intuitive application deployment, management, and monitoring experiences for our enterprise end-customers.
We are looking for a strong Software Development Engineers who are passionate about working in cutting edge technologies, bring deep technical knowledge, and simply want to invent. You are an experienced software engineer and a self-starter who is excited to build something new and work on cloud scale software.
As the key member of our engineering team, you will have an opportunity to influence our product strategy by helping define product features, refine system architecture, spearhead best practices, and drive operational excellence. In short, you will play a critical role in design and implementation of strategic services for EC2 to help increase enterprise cloud adoption in general and SAP in particular.
• Be very hands-on and part of engineering team's day-to-day developer activities.
• Architecture, design, proof-of-concepts and implement projects end to end with high quality.
• Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership.
• Communicating with customers, technical teams and defining technical strategy.
• Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, curiosity to look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work / Life Balance
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life - both in and outside of work.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every 2.5 months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the
root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship / Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
*This position requires periodic on-call responsibilities.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 7+ year of relevant work experience
• 4+ years professional experience in software development, including design, architecture, implementation, debugging and support
• 4+ years of experience in in an object oriented language such as Java or C#
• Experience in full-stack development using J2EE technologies is a plus.
• Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills to a broad spectrum of customers and internal partners.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Results oriented
• Scripting experience a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us