Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you inspired by the fusion of software and robotics? Are you a software engineer who dreams of building solutions that combine the latest technology in Robotics, Computer Vision, AWS services to change how millions and millions of customer orders are fulfilled? Answer yes to any of these and you've got to check us out!
Amazon Robotic Application team is seeking a Software Engineer who is fascinated by solving real world fulfillment challenges at Amazon scale. You will be one of the leaders of a multi-disciplinary team that combines software engineers, hardware engineers, applied scientists, control engineers, and project managers. Together we design, prototype, build, integrate, test, launch, and operate high-performance robotic applications.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner - you are hands on and you lead by example. You acquire expertise as needed, iterate and adapt your approach as you learn more. You are deeply interested in pragmatic problem solving as well as taking risks in pioneering brand new areas. You create extendable design and easy to maintain technical solution with the long term vision in mind.
The Software Engineer will be part of our team to build solutions on a global scale, own their systems end to end, and influence the direction of technology used by all Amazon Robotic Applications team and services around the world. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive mission critical projects, work with senior and principal engineers, and help mentor more junior team members.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 3+ years software engineering experience, including Java and/or C/C++/C#
• 3+ years of experience building successful products
• 3+ years of working knowledge of software engineering best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, design patterns, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• Experience in building high-performance, highly-available, and scalable distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top