Looking for a strong SDE to join the new Public API initiative of Amazon programmatic Ad platform, DSP (Demand Side Platform). It's the next big thing aimed at scaling Amazon DSP advertising business. As the SDE2, you will be at the forefront of customer API experience, technically leading a growing team of strong engineers in defining simplified yet scalable API to delight our advertising customers. And, drive the API First strategy and consumption among both internal partners and external advertisers. This is a high visibility role where you will have opportunity to influence and shape the way API advertisers interact with DSP for campaign management, optimization and gather insights to understand the efficacy of their media investment.
You will be expected to drive system architecture and development, make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market vs scale, and deliver code working with cross-functional teams.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and be able to cut through ambiguity and set priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level critical initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will be able to lead a team at scale. You will partner with product management, operations, and other technical teams internally and externally across Amazon to achieve your goals and initiatives.
What about you?
You are enthusiastic about sharing in defining our products, shaping ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. You are comfortable taking initiative and working across teams in a relatively unstructured environment. You have well-honed, insightful architectural design instincts, and enjoy building simple and elegant systems that will scale to support millions of users. Passion for the customer and their experience with our products is a key requirement for you.
Join us today, and become a member of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++ or Java
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
• Experience working with distributed computing and scalable services
• Experience or strong interest in machine learning models and concepts
• Experience working on projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience launching services at scale.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.