Who we are:
Fabric.com is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amazon.com. It is the leading online fabric store specializing in cut-to-order fabric, patterns, and sewing accessories. Headquartered just outside Atlanta, Fabric.com strives to be the most trusted and inspirational fabric store in the world. We provide a flawless customer experience through passion and continuous innovation. We are part of Amazon's drive to become the Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for a developer who wants to innovate with us, taking ownership and driving new online shopping experiences.
What you'll be doing:
As a software development engineer at fabric.com you will solve interesting problems as part of an agile team that is collaborates on features and tools that support the entire end-to-end Fabric.com business. This role has work from home flexibility.
You will design, develop, implement new and support existing features and tools. You'll translate functional and business requirements into robust, efficient and supportable solutions that work well within the overall architecture. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
• Work closely with end users to make sure that the application or system meets the needs of the business
• Develop enhancements to our software systems.
• Apply your experience and vision to create innovative solutions while simplifying and optimizing processes and operations
• Participate in an Agile Development Methodology
• Work with a wide variety of technologies, including AWS Cloud services
This role includes significant hands-on experience across the software lifecycle giving you opportunity to design new architecture, deliver new features, and analyze/prioritize our most pressing operational issues. You'll be helping us build a business that scales.
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. A great candidate should understand various optimization techniques and build innovative software solutions working with your business partners in delivering a viable solution. You should enjoy working closely with your peers in a group of smart, talented engineers. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelors or Advance Degree in Computer Science or like field required
. 2+ years of experience in contributing to the architecture and design of systems
. 2+ years of web-based development experience with .NET and/or Java technologies
Strong Proficiency in:
C#/.NET Framework or Java
ASP.NET Web API
Data structures, Algorithms, OOD and Design Patterns
Spring and its frameworks like Spring Boot, Spring Data
• Familiarity with AWS, Web Services, NoSQL DBs
• Experience developing software in an agile environment
• Experience building large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems
. Familiarity with DevOps toolchain and ecosystem
• Experience in optimization
• Willingness to own all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support
• Willingness to work in an agile, team development environment
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills