If you have a deep interest in learning cloud computing and want to build robust distributed systems that thousands of customers rely on, join us in making Elastic Beanstalk the best application deployment and management solution for AWS.
Elastic Beanstalk has a global presence across more than 25 AWS regions. We make heavy investments in automation and scalable, distributed systems. We work with many different customers who are looking for both simplicity and power.
We are seeking a software development engineer to work on major Elastic Beanstalk features, APIs, orchestration engines, service integrations, and application-centric health monitoring.
As part of the team, you will:
• Get to work with a wide array of technologies and AWS services. There is always something new to learn.
• Build services and tooling which allow Elastic Beanstalk customers to deploy mission critical applications quickly and safely.
• Use the best technologies and tools available to build services that will provide an application centered view rather than an infrastructure focused view of the cloud.
• Work with multiple teams within AWS and Amazon to build solutions that create value to them and their customers using Elastic Beanstalk.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or 4+ years of equivalent experience)
• 3+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, support, and building scalable system software or services.
• Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Proficient in at least one object oriented language such as Java, C#, Ruby, Python, etc.
• Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and databases
• Seasoned Java developer, with a solid track record of building, deploying, and maintaining services
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us