Are you interested in an engaging and direct customer impacting role with Pricing? The Worldwide Pricing team improves the prices customers see while shopping on Amazon, using data science, econometrics and building systems that scale globally for millions of customers and billions of pricing data points covering the majority of products sold in the Amazon store. We do this with real time, low latency, highly resilient, globally distributed systems. Our vision is to increase customer exposure to high quality, competitive pricing throughout their shopping journey and solve our customer's top price-related shopping frustrations while impacting a significant portion of Amazon's revenue through our price competitiveness experiences. Pricing is building new India-based tech teams to focus on this charter.
We are looking for technical and innovative software engineers who loves to build clean, flexible, effective and efficient software for our customers. You will be part of a team where flexibility, teamwork, and creative thinking are highly valued. The team will work on green field initiatives involving minimal operational load.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech degree in computer science or related fields, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise.
- 3 - 8 years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Writing best quality code, following engineering best practices, doing effective code reviews and coaching the team to follow highest standards in developing solutions.
- Strong customer obsession and ownership to independently drive projects and deliver results.
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems is plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with stake holders and partner teams