Software Development Engineer
- New York, NY
Do you enjoy solving complex problems to help the business decide what products to buy, how much to buy and how to price it? Do you enjoy having a wide ownership over all the team's services and applications, driving technical decision, architecture and operations? Do you enjoy leading and coaching other engineers on the team? Purchase, Planning and Pricing (P3) team in Shopbop wants you to lead!
We actively recruiting for world-class Software Development Engineers to help us refining our roadmaps and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture, design, superior code, and driving operational excellence.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us?
• You want to shape the future of the fashion retail industry and the future of Amazon
• You want to have a wide domain of ownership.
We own Shopbop's buying, planning, pricing and promotion automation
• You want to partner closely with the business stakeholders to shape the future technology to support our business growth
• You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering in all phases from the kernel of an idea through the implementation to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production
• You enjoy collaborating with your teammates who are world-class developers like yourself
• You enjoy coaching and develop junior engineers to shape the future of the team
• You love working in agile programming environments and running fast to deliver evolution for your applications
• You are innovative. We develop with the latest cutting-edge technologies
• You are a full stack developer. We deal with data, business logic, web layers, and more
• You want to live in New York area!
About Shopbop | East Dane
Shopbop is the global online retail destination for style inspiration and discovery, offering women all over the world a comprehensive, hand-picked selection of ready-to-wear apparel and accessories from over 1,000 established and emerging designers. Shopbop debuts new arrivals, compelling editorial content and styling guidance daily. Launched in 2013, brother site East Dane, a division of BOP LLC, is the international online menswear resource featuring an unmatched selection from leading and up-and-coming labels as well as engaging editorials and a seamless shopping experience. Shopbop | East Dane provides world-class customer service, fast, free global shipping worldwide and free returns in the U.S. and Canada. Shopbop | East Dane is at the intersection of e-commerce, fashion and technology. We promote a collaborative culture, as our teams cooperate across departments within Shopbop | East Dane and Amazon to continually innovate in an effort to better serve our global customer. You'll work with big thinkers on projects that leave a mark on our organization, as well as on the broader technology, retail and fashion teams. Shopbop | East Dane is at the cutting edge of e-commerce, and we are driven to be the daily destination inspiring fashion worldwide, merging a comprehensive brand list and strong editorial perspective with an easy-to-shop, sure-to-delight user experience. Acquired in 2006, BOP LLC is a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., the world's largest online retailer. Offering an enhanced customer experience, Shopbop | East Dane is a globally recognized and trusted fashion retailer that sells only quality, authentic contemporary and designer merchandise. Shopbop | East Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C#
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Strong skills and experience with programming, design, and architecture with AWS
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems
Back to top