The team behind Amazon's shopping experience is looking for a motivated and innovative Software Development Engineer to join us in radically influencing the experience for the next generation of Amazon shoppers. We're seeking a full stack software development engineer who is intellectually curious, customer obsessed, a creative problem solver, enjoys working across disciplines and wants to deliver in an area of significant business impact.
You will get to be a part of small team that is directly within the larger Consumer Engagement organization that powers some of the highest traffic pages serving Amazon's core shopping experience across Homepage, Product pages, site-wide Navigation, Shopping Cart and Checkout, Mobile Shopping, and more. We offer you the opportunity to grow and develop in a candid but respectful and collaborative environment. As part of this team you will build measurement solutions and mechanisms that influence decision making at scale across all Amazon teams that innovate within the shopping experience. We are looking for an SDE with excellent technical design, problem solving, CS fundamentals, and communication skills. The ability to work backwards, think from a customer perspective and influence is crucial as the ideal candidate is expected to contribute to the product vision in addition to the technical design and implementation.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience leading and designing technology solutions in large, cross functional projects while exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
• Proficiency in professional software engineering best practices across the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Thorough understanding of systems architecture; able to deep dive to determine root cause of issues
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.