Amazon.com is looking for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Digital Content Platform team. The Digital Content Platform team owns services supporting publishing and purchase of Digital content, including Kindle EBooks, Amazon AppStore for Android, Amazon MP3, and Amazon Instant Video.
You will be joining a team working on scalable web services using cloud technologies. Your work will be highly visible to Amazon customers and internal stakeholders.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will provide technical leadership to other engineers in the team and also contribute to the design and development of high-scale web services and workflows. You will also influence the technical direction of other teams in the Digital Content Platform organization. We are solving some very interesting and complex problems in the next couple of years, and there is a great deal of opportunity for a creative technical leader to innovate in the space and drive product direction. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences and backend web services, strong technical skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, high creativity, and great analytical reasoning skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5-10 years' experience building successful production software systems.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C/C++, C#, Java and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate).
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Strengths in coding, data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and OS security fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications.
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets.