Software Development Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
Do you like Alexa? Do you love bleeding edge technology? We are looking for exceptional developers to work on enabling Alexa the voice controlled personal assistant behind Amazon Echo family and different types of devices. The team seeks to provide seamless experiences for customers with Alexa.
The ideal candidate is deeply passionate about new opportunities. Commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++ or Java and including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• Experience building embedded systems with C++ or Java
• Solid experience in data structures and algorithms, designing for performance and scalability
• Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Back to top