Advertisers will spend tens of billion dollars this year leveraging Amazon advertising this year to help grow their business. We are looking for exceptional software engineers to build the next generation of tools these advertisers depend on to control their advertising efforts across multiple ad products in the Amazon Advertising portfolio. As part of the self service advertising products organization our team focuses on the 80% of advertisers that are small and medium size businesses and deliver simple, intuitive solutions for helping them grow their reach and sales.
This important work requires that we build redundant, highly available systems that scale massively to ensure our advertisers can enhance discoverability for all the products they sell online and connect Amazon customers with sellers and selection anywhere in the world. We are increasingly focused on helping our advertisers reach new markets and build a strong brand presence which means we must think globally and be strategic about how we build our software to operate 24/7/365 in over 20 countries.
The Campaign Management team is responsible for capturing inputs for advertisers to control their advertising efforts. You can think of our team as the brain and nervous system of all the advertisements you see on amazon.com. We build large scale, high velocity distributed systems to service 100's of millions of API requests per day, steam data at PB scale, process business logic on tight latency budgets, all while streaming and the data at high fidelity to 20+ other services to perform other critical advertising functions. We stand up world class CI/CD pipelines to deploy our service automating infrastructure provisioning, high volume load testing and first-rate monitoring so our engineers can keep their heads down inventing for our advertisers. Our problem space covers concurrent workflows across distributed systems (linearizability, eventual consistency), big data problems (propagation delay, ordering and hygiene) and performance (search optimization). Our team uses the latest AWS products and services to solve our problems including but not limited to: ECS, Fargate, EC2, EMR, Lambda, Kafka, Elastic Search, Dynamo DB, SQS, SNS, Cloud watch, CDK, Cloud Formation and many more.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Python, Perl, or other scripting languages a plus
• Knowledge of Steaming and Search architecture patterns a plus
• Knowledge of infrastructure as code, and pipeline automation
• Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value
• Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
• Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills
• Graduate degree a plus
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.