Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The team behind Amazon's shopping website is looking for a smart and motivated Software Dev Engineer to work with our team of SDEs in architecting and building solutions that help Amazon's newest customers thrive in the world's biggest marketplace. The right candidate will be intellectually curious, customer obsessed and creative, and willing to work across disciplines and teams to deliver the right experience to the right customer at the right time.
Our Consumer Website group powers some of the highest trafficked pages on the internet including Amazon's homepage, Shopping Cart, and Checkout experience, as well as the site-wide navigation used by millions of customers every day. We work with dozens of teams within Amazon to deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
Many of the experiences across Amazon are optimized for customers who already have a relationship with Amazon. In this role you will work up and down the stack and across various Amazon systems to redesign the experience of newer users. You will help to develop and implement our ML strategy for CX and content optimization, and you will work to develop low latency, scalable systems that provide deeper customer insight. You will also help to mentor and develop a talented, collegial and passionate group of engineers in solving these challenging problems. If you're a creative problem solver that wants to make a difference in an ambiguous area with significant business impact, talk to us.
We will ensure you have a great onboarding experience where you are set up for success, and in turn we expect you to work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You must be a fast learner, analytical in your decision making, with a demonstrated ability to deliver and inspire others to deliver. You will not be alone. You are joining a talented and harmonious team where you will collaborate with product managers, a UX designer and a data analyst to design and deliver high-impact solutions for customers. You are also joining a greater organization with a large community of other senior SDEs and managers to collaborate with, mentor, and learn from.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or relevant work experience
• 3+ years professional experience developing software applications
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
• Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top