Are you interested in building and operating some of the largest distributed systems in the world? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and use low latency, high throughput in-memory data store?
Our charter is an AWS service, ElastiCache, that enables users to deploy, manage and massively scale in-memory distributed data stores. Customers include many of the world's fastest growing start-ups, using the service to build low latency, high throughput data layer and improve performance of applications using caching. Amazon ElastiCache helps developers turbo-charge their application performance and simplifies management of Memcached and Redis data stores in the cloud. We heavily use open-source software systems in providing a world-class experience to our customers.
Our software developers build the next generation technologies that change how millions of AWS customers connect, and interact with AWS services ecosystem. We use ideas from every facet of computer science including distributed computing, large-scale design, big and real-time data processing, data storage, service-oriented architecture, networking, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. We are looking for highly-motivated and passionate engineers to build our next generation high performance in-memory distributed data storage platform to solve real-time query, transaction and analytics processing for large scale data applications.
Amazon ElastiCache team aspires to create a place where engineers can deliver great work. We are a global business, so your ability to work with people with diverse viewpoints and backgrounds will be important. We value engineers those balancing quality and speed, operational excellence, and delivering value to our customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Passion for the developer experience.
• Familiarity with multiple programming languages across platforms (Java, Python, C# etc.,)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to contribute and work in OSS (Open Source Software) ecosystem
• 3+ years of experience in delivering client-side SDKs, and Tools
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
• Knowledge and experience with operating systems internals, database kernels, networking, distributed systems and virtualization are a plus
• Experience with large-scale distributed database systems, storage farms, and/or horizontally scaled request processing fleets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.