Interested in Alexa Fitness development?
Want your work in front of millions of customers? Enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle?
The Amazon Alexa team is seeking talented software engineers to help us build scalable, robust, rock-solid applications for the next generation of mobile and living room entertainment. This is not your typical job. If you are looking for your next challenge and want to make history - as well as have your work seen by millions of people - we want to talk to you.
Our ideal Software Development Engineer candidate will exhibit a passion for building top-notch applications, scalable services, software that provides a smooth customer experience, and communication skills that establish trust.
Specifically, you will:
• Propose, design, and implement industry-leading solutions for services that will be utilized by millions of clients across numerous countries.
• Participate in and contribute to the planning process for new features and projects
• Work with a team of world-class engineers and product managers to understand and refine the scope of incoming projects, and to ensure deliverables meet an unreasonably high quality bar.
• Build highly maintainable, easy-to-understand code in both the web services and mobile space.
• Mentor junior team members and assist in task management and Agile planning
• Work with multiple top-notch engineering teams to understand and respond to their needs
We offer excellent pay and generous stock plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. We are located in Irvine, CA. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• At least 6 years of experience as a software developer.
• Experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
• Experience designing and developing mobile apps (Android and/or iOS).
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science (or equivalent professional experience).
• Demonstrated ability to working independently and as part of a team.
• Extensive experience designing and building web services (API design and implementation) and working with big data.
• Experience designing and building mobile (Android and iOS) apps.
• Experience working with enterprise systems (large-scale distributed build systems, dependency management, metrics/monitoring, etc.).
• Experience with AWS technology (EC2, Redshift, S3, EMR).
• Experience with unit testing, test automation, and continuous delivery.
• Experience participating in (and driving) agile processes and scrum.
• The ability to work quickly toward tight deadlines, and make smart tradeoffs between speed, accuracy, and maintainability.
• The ability to scope design deliverables accurately and prioritize work items appropriately.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us