Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Consumer Organization is the standard-bearer for Jeff's original vision: to become Earth's most customer-centric company. We are the people behind Amazon's eCommerce Business. We own the technology and the customer experience for what people know as Amazon.com.
Amazon's Consumer Organization seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the business to design and implement new features. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design an architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years experience
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and algorithms
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Back to top