Software Development Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Amazon Web Services is looking for experienced engineers to help us define and build the future of cloud storage. We are working on an exciting service in the storage and backup domain, to complement and enhance existing AWS offerings such as EBS (https://aws.amazon.com/ebs), S3 and Glacier (https://aws.amazon.com/backup-recovery).
This is a brand new team with a specific charter around Insights and Analytics for EBS.
As a member of this new service, you will work alongside outstanding engineers and leaders who obsess about performance, availability, scalability and durability of customer data. You will be developing features that solve customers' real world problems. You will be solving technical problems at a large scale, using SOA, distributed systems, and big data technologies. As a member of this service team, you will have strong ownership over the design, implementation and operation of a massive scale distributed storage system. You will have the opportunity to work closely with an agile team that ships often, and see the impact your code has on a wide range of customers from startups to enterprise companies.
The ideal candidate would possess strong analytical, design, problem solving skills and experience in building & operating high performance systems at scale. You should have experience working with other senior engineers, mentoring junior engineers, and working with senior leaders to define your team's roadmap. Experience in the storage industry is helpful but not required.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 7 years of software industry experience.
• Programming in Java/Python/C++ with focus on Distributed Systems
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software for commercial online services.
• Experience with storage, filesystems, virtualization technologies and on-demand computing.
• Exposure to Data Insights and Analytics techniques especially with large distributed systems involving petabytes of data is a high plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top