Do you take pride in building software that performs at scale, solves a tangible customer need, and has a measurable impact to the bottom line? We are looking for an enthusiastic software development engineer who is passionate about solving problems, seeks to understand the customer's needs, and focuses on outcomes rather than accolades.
The right candidate will thrive in a cooperative team environment, enjoy working through complex and ambiguous problems, and will collaborate with our partner teams to our tech platforms, frameworks, and processes. Good communication and interpersonal because we are a multi-disciplinary team. Our developers work closely and productively with designers, program managers, and business stakeholders.
In this role you will:
• Own technical design and feature development for services that present products, banners, events, and other customer facing experiences on the retail website.
• Work with engineering teams in Austin and Seattle to deliver integrated, scalable, highly performant systems.
• Communicate with engineers, product managers, and designers on our team and other teams as needed to complete project assignments.
• Describe software features and limitations, committed to finding the best path forward for new features and integrations, troubleshoot and resolve bugs on existing systems, and design and implement new systems in a continuous improvement model.
• Be obsessed with addressing customer needs.
• Work hard, have fun, make history!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, productive software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• A proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development
• Experience with - and systems architecture
• Hands-on experience with and development of highly scalable web services and systems
• Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, clean technical solutions
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us