Software Development Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
WW Ops People Product and Tech (OPPT) is a global organization that builds and delivers world-class products and services for Amazon's hourly associate and contractor. OPPT is looking for a software engineer who excels in turning big ideas into practical solutions. In OPPT, we use modern technologies to solve complex problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experience that empowers employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere. As our solutions simplify and automate tedious manual tasks, more people can focus on meaningful work. We make life better for hundreds of thousands of Amazon hourly workforce.
We are seeking engineers that like solving hard problems. If you have already designed products that scale to meet demand, combine the best of internal and external services, and grow to meet the complex needs of your customers, you will fit right in. We are technical experts, but we go further. We know technology always exists in a larger context, so we create technical solutions from our customer's perspective to guarantee our solutions always deliver the intended result. If you want unsolved problems that will take you beyond your technical abilities, WW Ops People Product and Tech is the place for you.
Choose to join us and you will own the design of major features from end-to-end, from Web UI and mobile app to dependent services and persistent storage. Can you work with engineers from many backgrounds to translate designs into quality software that is highly scalable, available, low latency, and high performing... and reflects the best combination of the ideas in the room? If you can, your design will get into production... so get ready to interact directly with the people who use your software, hear their feedback and use it to make your system even better!
The WW Ops People Product and Tech is reinventing how our hourly workforce manage their work life. Our hourly workforce is Amazon's foundation we can't deliver for customers without them. Come help us build the workforce of the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as , C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of hands-on system design and software development experience
• Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as , C++, or C#
• Experience with object oriented design and service oriented architecture
• Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems.
• Exposure to Service-oriented , Microservices and Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Able to solve difficult software APIs and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software, APIs and UX actions.
• Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
• Strong CS fundamentals with data-structures and algorithms
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action and customer obesessed
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122.3k - $160k/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The role is ideally in Seattle but qualified remote candidates will be considered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
Back to top