Software Development Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Transportation Financial Systems (TFS) owns the technology components that perform the financial activities for transportation business. These systems are used across all transportation programs and retail expansion to new geographies. TFS systems provide financial document creation & management, expense auditing, accounting, payments and cost allocation functions. Our new generation products are highly scalable and operate at finer level granularity to reconcile every dollar in transportation financial accounts with zero manual entries or corrections. The goal is to develop global product suite for all freight modes touching every single package movement across Amazon. Our mission is to abstract logistics complexities from financial world and financial complexities from logistics world. There are ample opportunities in the team to build domain expertise in financial system as well as transportation.
You will be working on building the cost allocation platform to accurately reflect the actual economics of the Amazon transportation business growing at an unmatched complexity and scale. With the dynamic and the growing nature of the transportation business, we need an integrated solution to cost allocation to better inform operational and profit intelligence decisions. Allocation of transportation costs to the items shipped requires building algorithms that are far from trivial and involves deep business understanding, mathematics and machine learning. You would also be working on core tech initiatives like, ML based accrual predication, Trend based alarms, re-drive and reversal infrastructure, Operational dashboards, federated UAT automation framework, Native AWS enablement and continuous deployment enablement.
We have a large product and tech roadmap and are significantly ramping of our tech team to meet the next level of product requirements for Trans Finance.
• B.Tech in Computer Science or a related field.
• 3+ years overall technical/product development experience.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• Strong object oriented development knowledge in Java.
• Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
• Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system.
• Expertise in scripting
• Documentation skills
• Knowledge on distributed computing technologies
• Knowledge on relational and no-sql database technologies
• Expertise in Java frameworks
• Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
Back to top