Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join the Amazon FSx for Lustre team. Launched in a Re:Invent keynote in November 2018, Amazon FSx for Lustre is a brand new AWS service that makes it easy for customers to launch and run high-performance file systems in the cloud. With Amazon FSx, in just minutes you can provision a Lustre parallel file system that can process massive data sets at up to hundreds of gigabytes per second of throughput, millions of IOPS, and sub-millisecond latencies. Customers already love the service, but we're just getting started. Come join the Amazon Web Services engineering team in our Boston Seaport location overlooking the Fort Point channel as we revolutionize the world of high performance computing (HPC) and cloud storage!
AWS is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, with over a million active customers in 190 countries around the world. AWS has been continually expanding its services to support virtually any cloud workload, and it now has more than 90 services that range from compute, storage, networking, database, analytics, application services, deployment, management, developer, mobile, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), security, hybrid and enterprise applications. We maintain this rapid pace of innovation by treating each team like its own independent business inside AWS, directly accountable for their customers' satisfaction, service innovations, growth, and meeting revenue goals.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will design and build transformative new customers experiences on Amazon FSx for Lustre. Delivering a reliable and high-performance service at AWS scale requires engineers with deep technical expertise and lots of creativity. At Amazon, we expect engineers like you to interact with customers, to understand our business goals, to innovate rapidly, and to deliver high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
Embark on a journey with us to build a new service for AWS. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to shape the future of a nascent service at Amazon scale with a team that is super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 1+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
• Thorough understanding of a modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
Interested ? Please reach out at email@example.com or apply online at amazon.jobs
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective analytical skills, with problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
• Ability to collaborate with a talented, diverse team
• Scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
• Linux kernel development
• Lustre file system development
• Lustre file system administration
• Operating system fundamentals (Linux or Windows)
• Network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
• Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Storage software and storage protocols
• Building secure software and security algorithms
• Building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top