Software Development Engineer
- Herndon, VA
Are you passionate about building insightful security solutions? At Amazon Web Services, security is job zero. Our team solves security hurdles in innovative ways, creating data-driven products to keep AWS customers secure.
As an AWS software development engineer, you will solve complex security challenges at a massive scale. We work with data from millions of sources, in support of hundreds of AWS teams. You'll build complex customer-centric software; working with customers, technical teams, and security partners to develop features, author technical designs, and collaborate on product strategy. Our team is passionate about secure cloud computing, and we believe that world class service is critical to customer success. Come build with us!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of experience in developing software that runs on Linux
• 2+ years of experience working with both relational and non-relational database systems
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• 5+ years of software development experience in full-stack development from presentation layer through business and data layers.
• Experience developing software solutions for security applications.
• Experience in delivering solutions using AWS products, such as DynamoDB, S3, SQS/SNS, Lambda, Elastic Search & EC2.
• In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
• Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Please contact Sohaib Iqbal - firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top