Software Development Engineer
Amazon FreeTime brings together all types of content that kids and parents love including books, games, educational apps, movies and TV shows. It provides peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content.
Do you want to create and deliver innovate consumer software products for millions of customers around the world? We are growing and looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to join the Amazon FreeTime team. You will be responsible for owning and driving large-scale customer-facing features from inception to delivery and beyond. You will have an opportunity to design, architect and build innovative consumer mobile products used everyday by people you know.
Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our Amazon family of devices. Working for Amazon FreeTime offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation. We have quickly gained critical acclaim and won the prestigious KAPi award for best hardware and service at CES 2013. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years of software development engineering
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top