Join the Amazon Dx team to help build the internal tooling to support our Clinical Diagnostics Lab's operations! The LEaD (Laboratory Engineering and Development) Team is a team of engineers, scientists, UX designers, Project Managers, and Business Development leads. From the software aspect, our team is responsible for building our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS); a tool which tracks and controls the tests used within our lab to provide clinical results. And, we're building it from the ground-up! Tracking each sample, extrapolating log data, controlling process flow, managing multiple tests from one sample, and providing our clinical staff with a simple UI are all part of the challenges on this exciting team. A willingness to learn new methods and techniques, innovate in the healthcare space, and work across a group of folks with a very diverse background is a must! Come Have Fun and Make History.
The SDE should be familiar with full stack web to and applications to manage data from our expanding labs, derive insights, intelligence and user friendly dashboards. The ideal candidate will be responsible for both high level design and code. The individual is expected to efficient, flexible, extensible, and solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work very closely with diverse cross functional teams.
• Work closely with senior engineers, UX designers, and product managers to friendly UI experiences.
• Maintain operational rigor for the front end of a fast-growing service.
• Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, techniques and approaches across the application life cycle phases to an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements
• Work closely with engineers to architect and build the best technical solutions
• Ensure completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support performance, availability and architecture requirements
• Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support customer reporting needs and data scientists. Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Distributed computing and large-scale systems, taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Exposure to large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, In memory Databases)
• Hands on experience with services such as CloudFormation, CloudWatch, RDS and EC2
• Delivered software in an environment that utilizes Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.