Software Development Engineer
Amazon Business Payments team is responsible for developing the Services and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers including PBI as well as support Amazon's global co-brand and private label credit cards along with the world's largest rewards catalog, Shop with Points. The technology we build and operate varies widely, ranging from large scale Distributed Engineering incorporating the latest from Machine Learning in the Big Data space to customer and mobile friendly User Experiences.
We are an Agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to Amazon Business customers while having fun and bring new inventions along the way. If you can think big and want to join a fast moving team breaking new ground at Amazon we would like to speak with you.
The Software Development Engineer will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in Java/C++ in a Linux environment.
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
- Skilled with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language like Java, C++, C# or Scala.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
- Experience building decoupled systems with rich user experience that can be built on a variety of platforms (mobile preferred) with a correspondingly complex backend with rich data services and business logic.
- Proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top