Customer Engagement Technology is building innovative experiences to better meet the needs of our customers. We are building an application and large scale distributed services to render context specific data in a secure manner to smart applications that transform the experience of Customer Service Associates (CSA) by providing exactly the information they need. Our team integrates with systems across Amazon, providing CSAs with the tools and data they need to solve customer problems. We're also making it easier to launch new business initiatives, making sure that any customer has Amazon's support when they need it.
Our team is building systems that can be reused regardless of the channel that a customer interacts with Customer Service. As a Software Development Engineer in this team, you will be responsible for the design, engineering, testing, release, and support of your products. You will own the full stack including UI, services and algorithms associated with these areas. Be a part of the team that transforms the CSA experience and delights our customers!
Our team is deeply invested in the personal growth of our developers through collaborative peer interactions and regular discussions with management on career development. You will grow, and you will have the independent ability to make a difference in this space for the thousands of representatives who use our tool and the millions of customers they support.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Fluency in Java and core Java classes
• Deep experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
• Analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
• Communication skills for both a technical and business audience
• Eagerness to deeply understand the goals and challenges of customer service operations
• Experience with AWS Technologies, React, Typescript a plus
• Linux experience a plus
• Lean software development methodologies such as Agile and Scrum experience are a plus
• Experience in designing and building distributed systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.