Are you a top-notch software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, the drive to build and ship products often, a solid computer science foundation, and the desire to build Amazon's next generation Internet-facing technology? Come talk with us about joining our team to expand Internet commerce.
Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from marketplace sellers. The Registration and Identity Verification team's mission is to: (a) make it simple and fast for Sellers to register globally, (b) verify the identity of every person and business selling on Amazon through the Seller lifecycle, and (c) use automation to achieve accuracy, speed, and scale. When we are successful, we enable Marketplace growth and build trust with our Customers.
The development team in Hyderabad, India focuses on building part of this platform. We're looking for a Software Development engineer who takes great pride in both the technical and business contribution of his or her work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. This is a senior engineer role within the Amazon engineering organization. The role demands that the person is proficient in design, coding, reviews and that he is able to independently work on requirements, challenge the requirements from stakeholders, drive the product development right from ideation to deployment and operations. You will guide and mentor junior engineers on the team. You will use a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Spring MVC, HTML, Linux and AWS to name a few.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Experience in mentoring and driving junior developers in the team to a collective objective.
• Ability to communicate the ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Interface with business teams and convert their business requirements to technical requirements.