Software Development Engineer
- Gurgaon, India
The AWS Hardware Engineering team creates server designs for Amazon's innovative web services. Our designs are industry-leading in frugality and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS business and millions of customers who use AWS today. Our Firmware Engineers solve challenging technology problems, and build architecturally sound, high-quality components to enable AWS to realize critical business strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative self-starter. You will lead test automation and firmware validation efforts for AWS server firmware. You will collaborate with internal and external development engineers (architecture, hardware, validation, software services). You will use your broad experience using and developing automated testing tools, programming languages and knowledge of server board to build firmware validation. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers and designing the future of cloud computing technology - come help us make history!
What you will do: You will be a member of a team designing AWS-specific hardware, firmware and software. You will be a part of the firmware effort from conception, through validation and into production. You will lead the design, development and automation of validation of BMC and BIOS firmware. You drive the development of white box test routines and tools to meet the needs of firmware development. You will recommend product improvements based on your testing results. You will work closely with AWS software and firmware engineers to automate health reporting of these products in production.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customization that will directly benefit our customers.
Why you will love it: You will work with engineers across the company to build firmware for next-generation platform. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of industry experience in a software development engineering role
• 3+ years of experience with development and execution of engineering evaluation tests using a high-level or scripting language (C, C++, Perl, Python, Shell)
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
• Experience with software validation for embedded platforms.
• Experience with building automation framework.
• Understanding of server platform design and architecture.
• Understanding of server manageability (BMC, IPMI) or server BIOS sub-system.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top