Software Development Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Are you a Software Development Engineer (SDE) who wants to help build a brand new Amazon business? Amazon is innovating in ultra-fast fulfillment for fresh groceries, household essentials, and the most popular products from Amazon.com. We're seeking a talented SDE to join our agile team of engineers in the ultra-fast fulfillment space that powers Amazon Fresh, Prime Now, Whole Foods Market, and several upcoming confidential projects.
In this role, you'll work with a team of engineers to design, develop, test, launch, and support software and services that power Amazon's ultra-fast fulfillment businesses. These services handle millions of customer orders per year across the globe, and are growing more every day. You'll partner directly with business leaders, product managers, operations leaders, and users in the field to shape ideas into real products and systems. You and your team will work across the entire technical spectrum of projects, from infrastructure, to back-end services, to front-end experiences on web and mobile. You'll need to design your services for rapid growth, and build them to be extensible and maintainable for accelerated development. The systems you own power critical, tier-1 production applications, and you'll be integrating with key internal partners like last-mile transportation and the Amazon.com website.
Come join us and help us build the future of Amazon's ultra-fast fulfillment!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Programming experience in any of the following languages: Java, Ruby, C#, C++, Python, in Linux and/or Windows environments
• Experience building high throughput, low latency, fault tolerant distributed systems
• Experience developing software in an agile, team-based environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top