Software Development Apprenticeship
We are hiring innovative Software Development Apprentices into our technical development teams in Seattle, Austin, Boston, and Phoenix! This position is a 6-9 month apprenticeship which will provide candidates with on the job training and mentorship while working through real world technical projects. At the completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be evaluated for a full-time Software Development Engineer position with Amazon.
Our SDE Apprentices write real software and partner with a select group of experienced software development engineers, who both help and challenge them as they work on projects that matter to our customers. You'll be given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of Amazon's technologies and lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, optimization, scalability, and security-- just to name a few.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Graduation date between May 2016 and August 2017
- Able to work full-time (40 hrs/week) for 6-9 months
- Technical bachelors degree or computer science minor (Example technical majors: computational and applied mathematics, computer and information science, applied mathematics, informatics, information systems, management information systems, etc.)
(NOTE: Computer science or computer engineering majors are encouraged to apply for a Software Development Engineer role: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559210)
- Understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Some experience in one or more object-orientated programming languages (Java, C, C++, etc.)
Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving abilities and effective communication
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top