Software Developer - X-Ray Engineering, Amazon Video
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Amazon Prime Video team delivers high-quality instant video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Instant Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day we face the challenges of a fast paced market and expanding technology set. As a member of the Prime Video team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
We'd love to have you join us and build the systems, services, and apps that delight our end users. We build apps for the web, mobile phones, tablets, smart TVs, game consoles, and set top boxes. Using advanced machine learning and data mining techniques, we help our customers discover the best movies and TV shows. We measure data in Petabytes and streaming in Exabytes. We obsess over big picture problems like "How do we deliver video that's more reliable than the internet it's delivered over?" to low level details like "How do we squeeze maximum picture quality out of every bit delivered?" We strive to be on the forefront of new consumer technologies like UHD TV and High Dynamic Range video. We build huge scale distributed systems on the AWS cloud to make sure our service is always reliable for our customers. We use computer vision and machine learning techniques to build rich metadata about videos, and partner closely with teams like IMDb to let customers explore deeper into the TV and movies they love. In short, we have exciting challenges in an industry that's doubling in size every year, and you can be a part of it.
The Amazon Instant Video web playback team is looking for a smart and motivated software engineer to help us change the way customers watch movies and TV shows. The Amazon Instant Video team provides instant access to thousands of movies and TV shows that can be experienced on your PC as well as devices such as TVs, Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes, and more. The playback team is responsible for creating a smooth and seamless video experience on the web and various mobile and living room devices such as the Kindle Fire, 3rd party Android devices, iPad/iPhone, Xbox, Wii/WiiU, and PS3. We are looking for excellent software engineers who will consistently improve our customer experience and further extend our offerings on the most cutting edge devices.
You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Back to top