Software Developer Manager
- Irvine, CA
Do you want to develop software for leading edge, next generation mobile and entertainment devices? Do you want to pioneer new business models to drive app and game development? Do you take pride in making framework/ platform that has wide impact?
We're an innovative and growing part of Amazon's team in Irvine, CA. We are passionate about building the future of app and game experiences and highly-scalable, distributed systems to support those experiences.
We're looking for an engineering leader to help us execute on our vision. You will lead and help drive the technical decision-making process and develop innovative products and processes for our team and our customers.
As an innovator in this role, you will:
• Build and manage a team of software engineers to deliver awesome products and experiences to our customers.
• Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
• Make a big, visible impact to millions of users.
• Continuously deliver rapid and consistent software and services.
• Solve difficult challenges using your expertise.
• Thrive on taking ownership and doing whatever it takes to deliver results.
• Use data as a guiding light to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Hire and develop top performing engineers
• Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes
• Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, create functional and engaging features, and ensure their needs always come first
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
• 7+ years relevant work experience in software engineering
• 3+ years people management experience
• Proficiency in more than one modern programming language such as Java (preferred), Android, Objective C, Swift, C++, C#, R
• Experience in building and operating extremely high volume and highly-scalable web services
• Experience in building Big Data Systems
• Experience working with Global teams
• Experience mentoring other software engineers
• Masters Degree in Computer Science
• Strong analytical thinker who knows how to pick the right tool for the right job
• Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience managing global teams
We offer excellent pay and generous stock plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top